This policy describes how your personal data is collected and used on the Estimation, Search, and Planning (ESP) Research Group website (i.e., robotic-esp.com).
The following policy describes our views and practices regarding how we collect, store, and process your personal data. Please read it carefully. This policy may be updated at any time.
What data we need
We collect a limited amount of data from you, including:
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address and details of which version of web browser you used, and
- information on how you use the site, including with cookies.
Why we need it
We collect information about how you use robotic-esp.com using Google Analytics software. We do this to understand how you use the website.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- how you got to ESP,
- what you click on while you're visiting ESP,
- what pages you visit on ESP, and
- how long you spend on each ESP page.
We do not have access to or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
What we do with your data
We process your data to understand how you use our website and improve its utility, functionality, and security.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties, and/or
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep it
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document, and
- required by law.
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Children's privacy protection
Our website is not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
We may store data collected by the website manually or electronically. During the course of processing your data, it may be transferred between legal jurisdictions. Where this is the case, all appropriate technical and legal safeguards will be put in place to ensure that you are afforded the same level of protection as in our jurisdiction.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We do our best to protect your personal data but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the website and any transmission is at your own risk.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed,
- a copy of that personal data, and
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately.
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed,
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it, and
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances.
If you want to exercise any of the rights described above or are dissatisfied with the way we have used your information, you should contact Dr. Jonathan Gammell at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request without delay. Please note that we a record of your communications may be kept.
Links to other websites
ESP contains links to other websites.
Changes to this policy
Contact us or make a complaint
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Walter Light Hall, Room 416
Canada K7L 3N6